Saturday, February 24, 2007

I Love My Club But Can't Watch Any Longer

We have received many e-mails, views, opinions, stories and messages of support and will continue to publish them on here. Fairly recently we heard from a fellow supporter who is upset at the way our Club is being run and despite clearly loving the Club has decided, like many, to stay away from games. It is supporters like David Williams that we want to encourage back to games, his views follow:-

"I'd like to wish you all the luck in the world in trying to bring back the club to the fans. Being a life long fan City have always been a club for the supporters but since the move to COMS we have become purely customers. At the moment I choose NOT to watch City as a protest against what is happening at the club I love. This is not an easy decision!!

Being a City supporter I do not expect us to win trophies but I do expect the Board and the management to steer the club in the right direction whilst offering me some entertainment along the way. None of this is happening.

Up until now my voice couldn't be heard (although I am certainly not alone). I feel sure the Trust can be "our voice" and make our feelings.

Please keep up the good work and the best of luck.

David Williams"

Please continue to send you input, feedback, stories, questions and messages to us at mcfcsupporters@hotmail.co.uk we reply to each one individually and publish as many as possible.

4 Comments:

At 10:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have our 'gripes' as to how the club is being run at the moment but I am getting really naffed off with these: 'I have stopped going as a protest' tossers. 'I love my club but cant watch any longer' tossers. I bet if we get to Wembley they change their minds.

 
At 11:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree anon but I'm guessing the trust guys put this story on because it is those sort of people they want to try and help turn around and get them back to the club instead of sniping and whingeing.

 
At 2:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not totally sure what the trust is going to achieve but if it means someone is going to have a go at getting us a voice and answers to all the big questions then that would be good. I must say that I am a little sceptical at this point in time (much like Don Price is) but am willing to go and see what they have to say for themselves next Sunday.

 
At 1:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have to be realistic about what can be achieved at this point in time. There is a lot of unrest amongst long standing fans, which I would suggest is related entirely to the move away from Maine Road.

We all loved Maine Road and had our own personal memories and traditions that really do die hard, but we have to move on.

I would be sceptical about the aims of the Trust being to get the voice of the supporter back on the Board agenda (i would sugGest it is their already just not quite what the Trust members think it should be doing).

The new Stadium is where it is we cannot move it, the pibs round and about have local colour (to say the least) but access in and out of the ground is ok. I agree the prices of food and drink are a rip off and should be reduced, as well as giving the staff who sell the stuff some lessons in customer services.

I welcome the new ticket prices for kids etc, they are the future (or is that chicekn kiev!!!). We have to realise that football runs in cycles and that we are on the downward side of the recent upturn (forged by Skys penny pieces).

The club needs people to turn up, for each game and support the club in our own unique way (whatever that is)in return we expect to see a team that tries hard to maximise its talents (however limited) managed by an honourable man (who ever that is at any point in time).

A solution to the "buy out" needs to be resolved quickly as the team is in dire need of creativity and depth.

I would hope that the Trust does not become a little "empire" for the chosen ones, but really does represent the views of the support across its broad spectrum (not just those who shout loudest).

I dont want anything that develops into the FC United debacle as this is just small minded men with petty jealousies.

I want city to continue to be the peoples club and every now and again give us something to crow about.

Don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

Steve a Cheadle Blue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counters (Since 24.9.06)